Finding good car insurance can be very difficult. Here are some tips:
- Try a few different insurance companies. The companies are different. So are their prices. You may find that one company wants to charge you $ 1000 per month for insurance and another will only charge you $ 400 per month. You might be one of the lucky ones who only get paid $ 30 a month. Regardless of who you are, contact several carriers even if the first quote you get seems low. You may find another company at a lower price for you.
- Talk to friends and family. Other people are just like you, they want cheap insurance, too. Chances are, you know someone who has already called everywhere and can give you some good pointers about which car insurance companies have been cheaper for them. Remember, no one likes to spend money on auto insurance.
- Use the internet. The Internet is a great place to find auto insurance. You can find information about insurance companies, compare rates, get quotes and shop without leaving your home. There are also websites like 1carinsurance.org that have organized insurers and user data and will tell you which companies people have been successful with finding the best auto insurance. [http://www.1carinsurance.org] for them.
- Get car insurance quotes. Don’t just trust them. quote. It’s free (or if the quote isn’t free, you know you don’t want to use this company). If you can get quotes from 6 or 7 different companies, you will have solid data to compare the companies to each other. You are also sure that you will get the lowest price.
- Try local businesses. Often people only think of big auto insurers like Geico or Progressive. They aren’t even looking in their home communities for auto insurance companies that might be around. Often times local companies can offer cheaper rates because they do not have the large bureaucracy that larger companies have.
Just remember to shop around for cheaper car insurance. The first company isn’t always the best.